Friday, June 24, 2011

She rolled over - we're doomed!

So, my little girl takes to bedtime pretty well for a 3 1/2 month old. She gets a bath and then into jammies. Papa brushes her hair and Mommy feeds her one last "num-nums." Then she gets carried up to bed, a song, and a kiss goodnight. Usually, she's pretty calm and asleep within 10 minutes. Of course, some nights she's a bit more fussy. If she starts crying and neither of us feel it's a "I'm hurting" cry, we'll wait 5 minutes before heading up to check on her.

Tonight was one of those nights. Her cry sounded a bit more frustrated than the usual "overtired" or "pissed off that you put me to bed and left me alone" varieties, but it didn't set off any warning bells. So after the requisite five minutes, I went upstairs to see what the problem was. What I found was DD on her tummy with one foot sort of poking between the slats of the crib. The cry was the one she uses when she's tired of tummy time - and now I see why!

Poor kid... I called hubby upstairs to see this and we were both praising her and so happy. We rolled her back on to her back right away, but I could see her confusion why we were so enthusiastic about the whole thing. Luckily, she grabbed her elephant-blankie and a short song later was on her way back to sleep.

Almost an hour later hubby went to check on her and called me up - she was sleeping on her side. Too cute for words - must figure out how to post the picture. But now we're realizing that our little one is on the move and it's not going to stop any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment